Sunday, January 31, 2016

Week #3 post 1

The past two weeks have been very hectic for me and my family. My younger cousin who is 16 and previously battled cancer for 9 years was found unconscious on the bathroom floor. His mother called the paramedics and when they arrived the only thing that was responsive was his eyes, so they rushed him to the children's hospital in the cities and he has been there for a week and a half now. I don't know the exact medical term but he had blood in his brain and it also got into his spine as well, so he has some sort of drain to slowly get rid of the leak. It really is unfortunate that I cannot be with my family because I am at college and a few hundred miles away, but I was lucky enough to be able to get work off last weekend and stay at the hospital until Monday with my family. There is no telling about his future so right now my family is hoping for a recovery, but at this point no one really knows what is going to happen. He has faced many battles before and this is just another battle that he will have to overcome, and I cannot wait until he is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment